Sunday, March 31, 2013

Girls' Weekend in Sydney: Days 3, 4 & 5

Days 3 and 4 were basically spent at Colour Conference, as these were the main 2 days of the Conference, that went from morning until night, with a 3 hour break between the last session and the evening event.

Going through my photos, I found these two which I took from the bedroom window of the room I was sharing with a friend.  I took the night one on our first night there, just to show the view from the window.  I took the second photo during the day, to show just how close we were to the venue for the Conference (a 5 minute walk!):

 The Sydney Entertainment Centre can be seen between the 2 big buildings - it has an orange 'tower' in front of a circular looking building - really close and extremely convenient!
 
Our last day in Sydney got pretty full...

Sunday

Sisterhood

While we were at Colour Conference, we were given a "brunch" bag which contained a few things to tie us over until lunch.  At the end of the Conference, we'd collected a few of those bags and had a lot of food left over, both from the bags, and from what we had bought while in the apartment.  So, we decided to make up care packages to give out to the homeless people we had seen along the streets of Sydney.  As we were heading to Circular Quay to catch a ferry, we thought we'd walk around there.  I've never done anything like this before and as I walked around and gave out a couple of the bags, I got so emotional.  The two men that I gave the bags to, were so grateful and had put their hand out to accept the bag, before I'd even said a word.  And they were so thankful.  As I write this, I'm the verge of tears, remembering the look in their eyes as they accepted the bags.  As I walked away from each man, I was crying.  I could write so much more, but that's worthy of a post on its own.


 Manly Beach

To finish our time in Sydney, we decided to take a ferry to Manly Beach, to enjoy fish and chips for lunch.  It was certainly a beautiful day for it... just like every other day Sydney had put on for us!


Enjoying the Sydney Opera House's view in all its unique beauty

 Centrepoint Tower, where we enjoyed dinner on our first night in Sydney
  
The Heads on Sydney Harbour - pass through there, and you're on your way out to sea, and the Pacific Ocean!

 More celebrity spotting of the sporting and inanimate object type - "Wild Oats" - winner of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race (I wouldn't have known, except for a friend pointing it out!)

Lunch on the beach

 Heading back to Sydney on the return ferry... our last glipse of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House, before flying home

After that very long day, we returned to our hotel, checked out some accommodation for next year and ended up booking a lovely place, even closer to where we had been.  We then caught our ride to the airport, hung out playing cards and had dinner, waiting for our flight, then gratefully boarded the plane back home!

Needless to say, we were all exhausted disembarking!

Those few days were some of the most amazing days of my life.  It truly was so wonderful hanging out in the city, with the women who traveled with me. As impatient and tired as we were all getting with each other by the end of it, I look forward to next year, when we can have further adventures in the big city!

No comments:

Post a Comment