Wednesday, April 18, 2012

is for Winter.  My favourite season!  Ironically (proves God has a sense of humour!), Big Spring, Little Spring and I were sent up to Tropical Far North Queensland for Big Spring's first assignment as a graduate pastor.

We're adjusting okay, and have survived our first full wet season (technically, it's still going, but the heat of the day isn't quite so intense and the evenings are pleasantly cool!), but I still miss the cold winter which has started to hit the southern states.  I know, I know, call me crazy!

Certainly my favourite type of winter is that experienced in the States... snow!  Rugging up nice and warm to go outside.  And to make the snow even better?  Celebrating the birth of our Saviour with a white Christmas.  I love it!  It just seems to make Christmas feel more like Christmas.

One of my favourite things to do in winter is to rug up with a warm blanket or doona on the couch and read a book with a hot chocolate to warm me up while the rain falls outside.  Up here in Cairns, we certainly get the rain side of things, but there's no way you'd catch me curling up under a doona in this climate!

Never mind... it makes me appreciate the cold even more when we experience on visits down south or over the Pacific Ocean, State side!

What is your favourite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment